Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'll take all the help I can get~

So last night we were all hanging out in the living room before dinner and all of a sudden I got this bug to go to the sunroom and make me a silver ring. I made a few for myself in metals classes but they're wider and not what I want right now...I just want something thin and simple for summer. Maybe even stacking rings-we'll see...


Gabe follows me in and shimmies up on the barstool I've got at my workbench. He starts asking me what's that? and why? etc...you get the picture-he's 2. So I made sure he was way at the other end of the bench while I torch fused the silver together. He was facinated of coarse by the fire but stayed put-still asking questions. So I gave him a mini lesson on making rings...I was surprised at how intently he listened and never acted bored to run off for toys.

Today we retrieved the ring out of the water where it was set to cool last night and he got to hammer it. He was so happy to get to "bang bang bang" let me tell you! He actually did a VERY good job of getting the hammer to hit the ring and not the ring mandrel! Now that they're napping I'll tweak it a little more. Hope it fits...I told him it could be his Mother's Day gift to me since he helped work on it. :)

No comments: