Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Prepping~

Remember way back after Christmas last year when I mentioned I received the book The Artist's Way? I did it on my own for awhile and I DID find myself becoming more inspired...but then it faded out over time. (guess I decided I didn't want to set my alarm 1/2 hr earlier anymore to do the journaling that goes along with it each morning...)









Anyyyyyhow...I was flipping thru our fall festival guide and found an advertisement for an Artist's way coarse here in town! I'm so psyched...I'm all registered and it starts tonite. So not only am I excited about getting motivated to melt more glass and make more jewelry but it's also a night *to myself* which I don't seem to get very often...

I received an invitation to participate in a 1-day indoor holiday art fair at one of the country clubs here in town. I haven't made a decision on whether to do it or not. I feel I would really need to buckle down and crank out some inventory and also I'm not sold on whethr it would be worth it or not.

I got to the studio for a couple hours today...and while working I was trying to come up with a goal for myself. I'd love it to be "make a piece a day" but I know that's nowhere near feasable in a 2-3 hour nap window for the boys. So maybe I can make it like today-I got a pair of copper earring componants made (just not the ear wires) and a good start on a ring for myself. Not bad...So I think if I can just get in here and get a good start on something and finish the next day I'm good to go. :)

No comments: