Sunday, May 17, 2009

What a great day...

The weather turned out absolutely gorgeous for the art fair. I worked from 11-3 booth sitting and going on water runs for the artists. I feel that I learned quite a bit today- but the best part was the conversations with these amazing people! A couple of them just sat and gabbed with me like they'd known me forever.

It was so cool to hear about how they started, how long they've been doing art fairs, what they think of the economy situation and their goals. It gave me a tiny taste of what hard work it is to man a booth. I felt awful for the 4-5 booths whose tents were destroyed. I guess saturday morning it was just windy enough that it tore a few of them apart-but they still set up-just without their tents.

I am watching the season finale of Desperate Housewives wondering why the heck the picture went all pixelated but there is audio still? The picture finally came back on but it's not timed right and I feel like I'm watching a bad japanese movie....so I guess I'll have to watch it online later. Fine by me I need to go to bed-I swear I have the worst sinus infection I've ever had-blech!!!

Oh ya-the painting in the foyer is about 1/2 way done as of tonite! It's been trimmed in and I'll roll 1st coat tomorrow. It's looking so good! I guess the plan is for the floors to be sanded this next weekend.

No comments: