Monday, October 19, 2009

He's a big boy now!

Today was the first day of preK for Gabe.


I suppose he did ok. One of my biggest fears was what if he was allowed to go to the restroom alone and wandered out a side door? Well...apparently today a boy hit him in the head with a toy and he became upset. He decided he wanted me. He was going home. Now. Luckily they caught him before he left the building. Honestly I'm not sure how far he got. Not sure if I want to know.

I got there early to pick him up so i could observe them on the playground-first thing he did when he got to the swings was fall off backwards onto his head. It took all I had to not jump out of the car and run to him. BUT I forced myself to sit and watch and see how the teachers handled it.
I walked with him and his new friends to the bus so he could see how it was done for tomorrow and he insisted on riding it today. He was soooo excited! I was waiting at the end of the driveway when they pulled up and he peeked up and saw me and waved and stood up. That bus monitor was on him like a flash and sat and gave him a talk about what you can and can't do on a bus (think they should've done that FIRST?? perhaps??) Well, needless to say he gets off the bus bawling since she reamed him and said they're mean and he's never getting on the bus again. Later when talking about his escape plan today he said he's never going back to Sissy's school again he doesn't like it. Sighhhhh. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments: