Thursday, March 20, 2008

Yum!


Last night's school play was so cute. It was 3 Billy Goat's Gruff and the 1st graders got to sing while the 2cd graders were the actors. Loved their little homemade goat masks-lol.
I've been on a lemon kick for months-guess you could say it's my one weird craving w/ this pregnancy. Just sounds refreshing and yummy and makes me think of summer. I found this recipe while in Florida over x-mas break in Southern Living mag and finally made it last week-it was so good I'm making it for Easter. Here's the recipe...
No Cook Lemonade Pie
2 5oz evaporated milk
2 3.4oz pkgs lemon instant pudding
2 8oz cream cheese (softened)
1 3oz cream cheese (softened)
1 12oz frozen lemonade concentrate-partially thawed
1 graham cracker pie crust
cool whip for topping if you'd like
Whisk together the evap milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes or til thickened.
Beat cream cheeses at med speed w/ electric mixer (do make sire they're really soft first-my mixer started smelling like it was burning up! lol) until fluffy. Add lemonade concentrate, beating til blended, add pudding mix and beat again til blended.
Pour into pie crust and freeze for 4 hours or til firm.
The main thing I noticed is: This made SO MUCH-I had that graham cracker pie crust heaping and there was still enough left for another pie! So for easter I'll do a graham cracker crust in a 9x13 pan and pour onto that and top w/ cool whip-should still be nice and thick and yum! Not too tart or overly sweet-it was so good!

No comments: