Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Happy Fall y'all!

Season change...time for the dining room to change up! 

We never eat in there...almost a waste of space, really. But you have to walk through to get anywhere and you look straight in there from the family room so I like it to look cute :)


I tend to just shift things around the house or make things...I'm not much into buying seasonal items. I like to change the color of things mostly- ie: books I use for risers and stuff like that.


My big 5 was printed to fit a poster frame we had laying around and was in the foyer. I found the 5 planter at Gordman's this summer and had to have it. The 5 is how many are in our family so I like 5's.
The L stands for our last name and was picked up at Hobby Lobby years ago and just decoupaged with scrapbook paper.
The copper kettle/pot thing is an antique and just fits in the fireplace opening.


I always have to incorporate something from my grandparents in each room it seems...The bible and old book came from my grandmother.
I threw in some hydrangeas from the front yard that were changing color.


Gourds from Goodwill, old Eucalyptus I've had for years.


The cabinet and shelves we built a year ago and love them! I'm so glad we did it. We previously had an antique hoosier cabinet set back in that nook.


Again, lots of grandparent items (old sewing basket, the Bostons, books, doily, photos...) 
Added more hydrangeas and the paper flowers that were made from brown grocery bags w/ black checkers for the center I taped up to the wall behind and on the fireplace surround (that we also built last year!)

{{I really need to do before photos of that room actually now that I think about it.}}




No comments: