Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fall wreath

Still having the love/hate thing going on with Pinterest over here...(love being inspired but crazy antsy when I can't do these things right NOW!) --but when the hubby is free to actually do a couple things for me for prep then I fly through a project :)
Take this wreath I have seen bouncing around on pinterest-love the simplicity of it.


A scrounge through the firewood pile at my neighbor's house, then Travis slicing the log up and cutting out a frame from an old sheet of thing plywood and I was good to go :)


Here I just hot glued all the thin slices of log to the framing. Took about 2 minutes.


A quick trip to Hobby Lobby for a couple things. I loved the funky little flower that has beads and sparkles embedded in the center. It's funky without being too "HEY!"
A little cluster of pheasant feathers ad a roll of burlap ribbon-only because it was 50% off.
Don't forget the 40% off coupon :)
I think total I paid around $7.


I just did a gather of the burlap after unraveling the edges a bit, tied some jute around the gather and squeezed some hot glue up in there. (I'm very technical about how I do things you'll notice)
Then trimmed the stems off of the feathers and flower, poked them into the burlap and hot glued it down.


Here is the back if you're wondering. Just very thin plywood cut into a doughnut.

I may go back and unravel the burlap a bit more-I have to live with it for a few days first.
I was worried at first that it would be heavy and clanging around on the door glass when we open/shut the door but it's surprisingly lightweight. :)

Love it!

No comments: