Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ants in my pants

I haven't been able to get to the torch in awhile. Kids home with summer=not much beading. When I'm unable to create freely I find myself goinga little crazy and pacing around the house looking for ways to change things up around here. I end up painting rooms, rearranging furniture, trying new recipes,etc.

The other day I walked past the antique cabinetry we had built into our kitchen and realised I cannot stand how it looks (inside) It's become a catch-all. I'm posting pictures to shame myself into doing something about it.
My view from atop a barstool...
The drawers hold phone books, batteries, table linens...
Lower cabinets hold TP, paper towels, paper plates and cups, party supplies...diapers and wipes.
Exciting.
All accross the top I have my grandmother's china (1 of the 2 sets of hers) I anted it away from kid fingers-yet you can't really see it up there. Need to come up with a way to display it better!

The right side-basket of school papers on the bottom that all start to fall out when you open it.
Cookbooks.


My favorite picture of my grandparents. She's very petite and he was extremely tall.

So cute.

Vase made my Chloe



One of my favorite pics of my grandmother and her family when she was young. They sang on the radio. (she is 3rd from the right in the back) This was stage makeup-my great-grandmother didn't always have blacked out teeth-lol.


More random pics-Chloe when she was little, my mother in law when she did baton twirling and me on our wedding day...dried roses Travis gave me roughly 15 yrs ago.


Pottery Chloe made in class a few years back.
Baby photo of my grandpa.




Wine spinner and my snotty egg seperator-lol



My cookbook mess and junk Chloe throws in there.


School papers-can you believe I actually went thru and threw a ton away? this is what I am keeping-yikes. Need to transfer to a box and get ready for school to start next week.
Ok, so my quandry: what should I do with this space? Obviously it ended up being a place to stash picture frames (which unfortunately you can't really see or notice them when the glass doors are closed) and other odds and ends.....
Do I take the doors off? Do I line the walls behind with mirror? Do I make the whole thing into a china cabinet? A photo gallery? Cover the glass and turn it into a pantry?
What would YOU do in this space? I feel like it could be a great space but I just can't seem to figure out how to utilize it......anyone have some great ideas???
Help! lol

1 comment:

Lorelei Eurto said...

hmmmm.
I think I would take the doors off, to show off whatever is on it, a bit more. I would probably store my pottery collection on it. But I think the photo idea sounds cool too!
Can't wait to see what you decide! It's a great cabinet!