Saturday, November 7, 2009

I survived!

The fine arts boutique at Panther Creek went off without a hitch. This was my very first official show. I've done 2 years at the Art Association's Holiday Hall but since that is a month long sale w/o working the entire time I don't count that so much...

Luckily I had my friend Cindy there to help me out. She's so much fun and a really hard worker.(I call her my "muscle") I'd had my tables and displays set up in our dining room ahead of time so I was able to just zip through setting everything right where I wanted it. We breezed right through set up and were there from 9am-7:30 pm. Long day. An interesting learning experience that's for sure! I'm sure I'll be changing up my displays as I go...

Here's my table...My old friend from high school, Christy Freeman, was at the table to my right. it was a blast having all day to kick back and talk about old times and catch up. It was like no time had passed at all. SO much fun!




Here's a picture of Cindy. She'll kill me for putting a picture of her on here-lol. It's so blurry tho. The lighting was a bit dim but it was a cozy atmosphere. It was quite busy right after they opened so I tucked the camera away-meaning to get some of me and Christy, a shot of her booth and around the room but I totally forgot I had it with me!
I was approached by the NICEST woman about joining Prairie Art Alliance. I'm curious what it's all about and need to look into it. She sent an invite for a gallery opening this evening but I couldn't make it...But it would have been the perfect opportunity to check it out.

I have to work on my inventory for the Art Association Holiday Hall due by Monday. I always have the hardest time choosng what to send since it's a limited amount of items they'll allow into the sale. Better get to work......

No comments: